Microsoft Office 365 Updates
As we’d expect from an ever expanding company such as Microsoft, they’re continuing to improve support for small to medium size businesses through the introduction of new apps which were recently announced at the July Microsoft partner event in Washington DC.
Already available for Business Premium is:
• Microsoft Connections –which gives businesses the means to both launch and track e-mail campaigns
• Microsoft Listing – this means businesses can easily manage their information listings with companies such as Yell and Google
• Microsoft Invoicing – is an app for creating billing invoices
But here’s some Microsoft Office 365 updates coming soon, that are available on a preview basis only at the moment:
• PowerPoint Designer – this now recognises time, topics and dates from your slides and cleverly redesigns your text into professional timelines that make it simpler than ever to produce impressive presentations. Begin with a list of dates, select ‘Design Ideas’ from the ‘Design’ tab and then you can easily choose your favourite layout from the set of recommended suggestions.
• Support for 3D in Word, Excel & PowerPoint – 3D objects can now be added and edited in Word, PowerPoint & Excel. Simply insert a 3D object via the Remix 3D catalogue or from your desktop and you can then use transitions like PowerPoint’s Morph to create animations, bringing your 3D objects to life.
• Read Aloud in Word – This has been moved to the ‘Review tab’ and means that documents are read back to you straight from your work flow with simultaneous highlighting. It makes it easier to notice and correct any errors made while writing and also helps everyone using it to improve their reading and editing accuracy, especially those who have may have learning difficulties such as dyslexia.
Further Microsoft Office 365 updates for commercial customers
Additional updates to StaffHub and Outlook means it’s easier than ever for Office 365 customers to communicate and manage tasks throughout their business. These new features include:
• Outlook – Intelligence from Microsoft Graph, Windows desktop and Outlook on the web offer enhanced contact recommendations and with profile pictures visible during email creation, it makes it much easier for you to select the right contact throughout your business. In addition, the nicely redesigned conversation view now shows more of your conversation, meaning you can quickly check your message history and easily pick up where you left off.
• StaffHub – numerous updates were made to support frontline workers in managing their working day. The update to this application means that team members can now use StaffHub to manage, assign and complete tasks, from or to their co-workers while at the same time having access to company announcements. All this makes it easier for every team member to keep in sync.
If you’d like to find out more about how Microsoft Office 365 can help improve the management and communication within your business click here or contact us on today on either 01904 691 311 or email us